Do the attractive nails of your friend make you feel jealous? Now you can simply change the tide by adopting a manicure treatment. Read on to find out what actually it is…
As familiar to many, manicure is a cosmetic treatment meant for beautifying fingernails and hands. You can do this by yourself at home or get it done by a manicurist at his/her spa or salon. The word manicure is originated from the Latin word ‘Manus’ which means hands care.
Why manicure treatment is done?
The main purpose of manicure treatment is to improve the entire look and feel of your hands and finger nails. It is actually meant for cleaning, strengthening, shaping and sometimes dressing up your nails. Also it will improve the texture and health of your fingernails and hands while preventing hang-nail formation. Massage that often follows manicure treatment helps in enhancing the health of your skin by promoting proper blood circulation.
Tools and supplies used in manicure treatment
Some common tools included in manicure kit are:
- Nail cutters and nail clippers
- Nail buffers
- Nail filer
- Nail brushes
- Bowl of warm water
- Cuticle knife
- Cuticle pusher
Some common supplies included in manicure kit are…
- Cuticle remover
- Cuticle oil
- Cuticle cream
- Cotton swabs
- Liquid soap
- Nail cleaner
- Nail polish remover
- Nail polishes
- Hand and body lotion for massage
- Hand towels
- Sanitizing sprays
Procedure to conduct manicure treatment
- First of all, with the help of nail polish remover and cotton swabs remove your nail polish.
- File your nails to the desired shape with the help of nail filer and nail cutter.
- Now put some liquid soap in warm water and soak your hands in it. Follow it for few minutes until the cuticles become soft.
- By the use of cuticle remover clean your cuticles.
- Rub small amount of cuticle cream on cuticles.
- With cuticle pusher, push the cuticles back.
- Massage hands with a hand or body lotion.
- Now apply base coat on your nails and let it dry.
- Apply nail polish by covering them in three strokes.
10. Remove the left out stray marks with the help of nail polish remover.
This is all you must know about manicure treatment. Now it is up to you whether you want to take this beauty treatment at home or at a salon.